Excellence in Building Award 2016
Manteena was engaged as the Head Contractor to deliver the first Next Generation Club in the ACT. The project involved the design and construction of a two-storey, Next Generation Health and Racquet Club which includes:
- 6-lane, 25m heated indoor pool;
- 4-lane, 25m heated outdoor pool;
- Premium Members Area including:
– 6m x 4m Vitality pool
– Steam and Sauna Rooms
– Experience Shower
– Ice Fountain
- Lounge, Restaurant and Bar including ‘back of house’ commercial kitchen;
- Kids Play Room and Crèche;
- Change Rooms;
- 6 Glass Backed Squash Courts;
- Large Gym with Group Fitness, Yoga and Spin Studios;
- Boardroom, IT/Store, and Office Accommodation and Staff Kitchenette;
- Commercial Tenancy Space of approx. 61sqm x2;
- Tennis ACT Office Accommodation of approx. 125sqm; and
Manteena was engaged on the project in late April 2014 to undertake the following scope:
- Full design of the facility based on the project brief and site visits to other operational clubs around Australia;
- Manage all local authorities including all associated design work, approvals and consultation;
- Manage all aspects of the demolition of the existing facility and the construction of the new facility;
- Manage the installation and connection of all equipment within the Club, mainly the extensive range and quantity of gym equipment; and
- Manage all commissioning and handover requirements for the project.
Highlights of the project include:
- Pool – to ensure the quality of the pool tiling and finishes, all works were undertaken by the same specialist contractor. Further adding to the team’s commitment to quality, the tiler single high-handedly tiled all three pools over a 6-week period. This achieved an exceptionally consistent high quality finish with attention to detail.
- Squash Courts – Six championship, Federation approved, glass backed squash courts.
- Barrisol Ceiling – non-flammable sheet of PVC material, stretched over a bespoke track system frame above the indoor pool.
- Blackbutt sprung timber sports floor in the group fitness room.
- Western Red Cedar wall battens and screens are scattered throughout the Club, and feature integrated pot plants.
- Custom joinery in members locker room with RFID locking system.
- 6m x 4m Vitality pool finished to the highest quality.
The demolition works commenced in May 2014, with the construction works commencing in June 2014. The project achieved Practical Completion in early June 2015.